What do I need
A laptop with
a processor of 1,6 + GHZ
2+ Gigs of Ram
An internet connection with 4 to 10 Mbps speed
Students will use approximately 20 Gigs of data for school work
A good option is Advanced LTE available from most service providers
Access the classes via a Chrome browser, we use WebRTC for sound which was specially built by Google for Chrome
What to expect?
School from home!
Our home school from home solution provides a complte solution for Grades 4 to 12.
- qualified school teachers
- continuous assessments and tests
- attendance policy and academic progress requirements
- an established curriculum determined by the Dept of Basic Education
- live, interactive virtual classrooms with real teachers
- a portfolio of evidence as required by the department of Basic Education
- Adherence to school policies and procedures
- collaborative learning
What is the role of the teacher?
Every student is assigned to a qualified school teacher. Teachers work remotely and are responsible for overseeing and managing student learning.
- Provide instruction, guidance, and support
- Track academic progress
- Evaluate student work
- Develop a strong partnership with parents or responsible adults
- Work in consultation with parents to recommend remedial or enrichment programs and make placement and promotion decisions
- Communicate regularly with their students
- Participate in regular training and professional development
What is the role of the parent/responsible adult?
All educators agree that strong parental involvement is extremely important to a child's academic success, parents encouraged to be active participants in their child's education, working in close partnership with teachers. In terms of the Department of Basic Education's requirement parents are responsible for the child's education when home schooling.
Find out more
Take a tour of our school and discover how we engage with you
For a discussion about where to next, please contact us.