We’re always on the lookout for technology-savvy qualified teachers to join our team of visionaries.
You need to be creative, collaborative, and self-disciplined, ready to guide our students on their learning pathways.
Experience and confidence in curriculum development and integrated learning projects is a major plus.
How to apply
Click on the link within each job category and follow the instructions on Breezy. You’ll need to submit a 5-minute DEMO lesson through Breezy when applying.
*Please note: Applications without a Demo Lesson will not be considered.
FET -Afrikaans Home language Teacher
We are looking for an innovative and tech savvy teacher for the FET phase to teach Afrikaans Home Language. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to teach and work with technology, a pedagogical approach which is relevant and cutting edge, and be agile and adaptable to change.
Key duties include:
To ensure that all assessment and teaching standards are met according to the CAPS guidelines and SACAI exam guidelines.
To be innovative regarding teaching Afrikaans Home Language.
To be a team player.
Collective improvement of teaching and learning as well as the empowerment of teachers in the department.
Be involved in the basic activity of teaching and assisting the team leader to achieve the desired results which includes, but is not limited to content creation, creating assessments, moderation, marking etc.
You will need an appropriate teaching qualification including SACE registration. (a four-year degree/diploma with relevant qualifications.)
FAL Sesotho Teachers for all phases
We are looking for amazing SeSotho Teachers across all phases for January 2022. You need to be creative, collaborative, self-disciplined and ready to guide our students on their learning pathways. You need to be a qualified and SACE-registered teacher, comfortable with all curriculum requirements, and experienced at setting assessment tasks with above average language proficiency. This is a great team and an all remote online working environment. Apply today! We can’t wait to meet you!
Teachers! Add your CV to our database
We are currently on the lookout for outstanding teacher CVs. Although we are not hiring for a particular position right at this moment, we like to be prepared.
If you would like to submit your CV to be placed in our Talent Pipeline, please submit via the following relevant link:
Foundation Phase Teachers – click here to submit
Intermediate Phase Teachers – click here to submit
Senior Phase Teachers – click here to submit
FET Phase Teachers – click here to submit
Apply to be a Teneo Tutor
Not a qualified teacher, but love to teach!
We’re looking for amazing one-to-one tutors – in both English and Afrikaans language mediums – for our NEW online tutoring platform.
All school subjects
South African NSC Curriculum – IEB + SACAI
British International Curriculum
4-12 / 4 – A Levels
* Either a qualified teacher or currently studying towards a qualified degree in relevant tutor subjects.
* Excellent level of empathy with students understanding their necessary requirements.
* Availability for at least 20-hour sessions per month.
* Contactable references.
* Professional and flexible, meeting all contractual computer/internet requirements (see below).
Please note that all applicants must have access to the following technology specifications to be eligible for consideration:
– Processor: Intel ® Core™ i5 CPU 2.0+GHz or greater
– Memory: 8GB RAM or greater
– An HD (720p) web camera webcam and microphone
– Noise-cancelling headset highly recommended
Internet and Additional Requirements
– Sufficient data per month
– Stable internet connection – Advanced LTE / Fibre: A minimum of 10 Mbps upload and download speeds.
– ‘White board’ device e.g. Huoin 420 Graphics Drawing Tablet
– Tidy, well-lit, and quiet teaching environment.
Applicants are required to submit a two-minute demo video.
Please include a brief introduction – your name, your choice subject, and years of experience.
For the mini demo lesson teach a basic concept to a student. Please make use of digital whiteboard as you would with a student in a one-on-one tutor session.
Who we are looking for
We are always on the lookout for outstanding teachers in all subjects and phases.
With Teneo School defining a “New School” while holding firmly to “Old School” values, you recognise that education faces a whole new frontier.
You understand that the learners in your class need to be equipped to take on an ever-changing world and that teachers are essentially educating for an unknown future. One filled with hope and boundless possibilities.
So the question is…
Do you want to work from home and still reach the ends of the earth?
- Technology-savvy and digitally-equipped. [You need WIFI as much as you need air!]
- A qualified and SACE-registered teacher.
- You are comfortable with all the requirements of the curriculum.
- You understand the skills your subject area builds in students.
- Experienced at setting appropriate assessment tasks to the required cognitive levels.
- Confident in curriculum development and integrated learning projects.
- Above-average language proficiency: reading, writing and speaking.
- You’re a creative, collaborative, self-disciplined visionary – ready to guide our students on their learning pathways.
Your strengths lie in
- Your passion for your subject and your subject knowledge.
- Your ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Your flexibility, agility and adaptability while remaining grounded.
- Your creativity and wild imagination for possibilities.
The next steps
If you think you fit the bill:
- Click on the link within the job position – in the accordion boxes above. Apply via our online recruitment platform.
- Please note down the following in your cover letter: the subjects in which you specialise, the phase you teach, and your availability.
- You will impress and convince us to contact you for an interview.
- We will be even more impressed, and you join the team.
**URGENT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS**
We are prioritising teacher applicants who are immediately available. Please note this in the your COVER LETTER so we can view your content ahead of other parties.
Teneo is an online-only school that currently has 9,000 students and 480 qualified teachers. We believe your child is one in a million and deserves the opportunity of a high-quality education. Our progressive online classroom learning experience with live lessons presented by qualified teachers, and a structured school timetable, will empower your child to be future-fit and ready to thrive in the 21st century.